Hallett Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Hallett (5419) is a suburb of Far North, Far North, South Australia. It is about 171 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Hallett is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Hallett was 235 and is comprised of approximately 49.4% females and 50.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hallett is 45 years of age.

84.6% of people living in the suburb of Hallett were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.1% England, 4.3% New Zealand.

94.0% of people living in Hallett speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Hallett is 23.8% Catholic, 23.4% Uniting Church, 20.0% No religion, 15.3% Anglican, 10.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.0% Lutheran, 1.7% Other Religious Groups, 1.3% Baptist, 1.3% Presbyterian and Reformed.

57.1% of people are married, 27.6% have never married and 10.7% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Hallett.

64.0% of the people living in Hallett over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.0% are working on a part time basis. Hallett has an unemployment rate of 6.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Hallett are 39.4% Managers, 15.2% Labourers, 12.1% Community & personal service workers, 9.1% Sales workers, 9.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.0% Professionals, 3.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.0% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Hallett work in are 49.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.0% Wholesale trade, 6.0% Retail trade, 6.0% Financial and insurance services, 6.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.0% Arts and recreation services, 3.0% Manufacturing, 3.0% Construction.

55.8% of homes are fully owned, and 18.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $373 per week and the median household income is $700 per week.

The median rent in Hallett is $70 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hallett postcode 5419

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Salisbury North 5108 -> Adelaide -> South Australia